Kin Canada -– the Association of Kinsmen, Kinette and Kin clubs — is proud to be an all-Canadian service organization made up of outstanding community volunteers. From coast to coast, members are enhancing quality of life in their communities by promoting service, fellowship, positive values and national pride. The Association boasts a proud 90-year history dedicated to fostering lifelong friendships while “Serving the Community’s Greatest Need.”
- Main charity is the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation ( http://cysticfibrosis.ca/ )
- Write to the troops through the Thoughts from Home program ( http://www.mdn.ca/site/Commun/message/index-eng.asp )
- Hockey book fundraiser
Locally the club meets every second and fourth Tuesday of each month at the Best Western Invermere Inn.
- Annual fishing derby on Lake Windermere – proceeds for local projects
- Annual snow golf tournament – proceeds for local projects
- Annual Christmas tree pickup – proceeds for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation ( http://www.cysticfibrosis.ca/ )
If you are planning on attending a meeting, either because you are interested in the club or you would like to present a need for funding in the community, please let the club know prior to the evening so they are prepared for you and have space organized.
For further information, please contact club president Steve Mantyka at 250-342-2445 (w) or 250-342-3825 (h).