Columbia Valley Events Calendar
- This event has passed.
Invermere Music Festival
Aug 18, 2017 - Aug 19, 2017| Varies
The Invermere Music Festival is set to explode onto the 2017 local music scene – for 2 glorious days in August! It’s the 5th annual festival and it’s jam-packed with Beer Gardens serving the local Arrowhead Brewery’s beverages and Tinhorn Creek wines, the Food Village with international foods and refreshments and kids’ activities.
New this year will be a Chill tent, running throughout the festival. Attendees can pop into the tent and listen to electronic DJ music. There will also be an art installation projected within the tent.
Headlining the festival is Juno-award-winner Blackie and the Rodeo Kings, one of Canada’s best known Roots bands!
Here’s the 2017 schedule:
Friday, August 18 – Gates open at 5 pm
- 6:00 pm – Chipko Jones, an Okanagan-based Calypso/Roots/Reggae band
- 7:45 pm – Vancouver-based band The Boom Booms
- 9;30 pm – The Wet Secrets, a 6-piece rock ‘n roll gang,
- PLUS, The Long War, from Vancouver, will add their indie/rock sounds to the party a late entry.
Note: There will be a food vendor plus beer and wine available for purchase Friday evening.
Saturday, August 19 – Gates open at 4 pm
- 4:30 pm – The Dandelions, one of Invermere’s favorite musical duo’s – husband and wife team, Ben & Shilo Cameron
- 6:00 pm – Dawn Pemberton, passionate songwriter and performer and staple of the Vancouver music scene
- 7:15 pm – Sarah Hawkyard, a classically trained artist from the United Kingdom who astounded Invermere Music Fest director, Jami Scheffer
- 7:45 pm – Ridley Bent, Western Canada Country artist, well-known for his song/stories about characters who have a hard time staying on the straight-and-narrow
- 9:30 pm – Blackie and the Rodeo Kings
Tickets (on sale now!)
- until June 24 – $40
- after June 24 – $50
- right before the festival – $60
You can get your tickets:
- online at: http://invermeremusicfest.com
- in person at Pynelogs Cultural Centre
Festival Seating – Bring your own lawn chairs and blankets unless you would prefer the bleachers.
For more detailed information, visit: http://invermeremusicfest.com