Columbia Valley Events Calendar
- This event has passed.
Ski Resort Season Openings
Dec 2, 2016 - Dec 16, 2016| Varies
Ski Resort Season Openings for 2016 are on everyone’s mind about now. Powder enthusiasts, are you counting down the days till you can hit the slopes at your favorite ski resort this season? The question we hear most from our readers every year at this time is, “What are the ski resort opening dates?”
Well, if you’ve been wondering, here they are! The ski resort opening dates for the East Kootenay / Columbia Valley area are:
- Panorama Mountain Resort – wide open fall-line cruisers to powder-filled tree lines. One of the 10 longest vertical drops in North America. 75% of the runs are suitable for beginners or intermediates. Official season opening December 9, 2016.
- Fairmont Hot Springs Resort – small and one of the best places for you and your family to learn to ski thanks to guaranteed soft-packed snow. Estimated date is December 16, 2016
- Kicking Horse Mountain Resort – 2,800+ acres of skiable terrain, four large bowls combine about halfway down the mountain into a single area, with a fairly gentle ski-out to the lifts at the bottom. Opens December 9, 2016
- Kimberley Alpine Resort – 20 minutes from international airport in Cranbrook BC. with light fluffy snow, short lift lines, beautiful views. B.C’s sunniest ski resort! Opens December 10, 2016
- Fernie Alpine Resort – up to 37 feet of snow in a season, legendary powder, uncrowded trails, mild climate. Opens December 2, 2016
- Revelstoke Mountain Resort – the most vertical in North America at 1,713 metres (5,620 ft) of lift-accessed terrain, 3,121 acres of fall line skiing, 2 high alpine bowls, and 65 named runs. Opens December 3, 2016
So now you know the dates of the 2016 ski resort season openings, mark them on your calendar, pack up your gear and get ready for the best season ever! Oh, and tell your powder loving friends too!